Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gaslite RPG is Here - Pocketmod Download

Gaslite RPG is a weird, fantastic RPG where mutants roam the streets, assassins and rogues skulk in shadowy alleys, airships float along the city skyline, and wizards strike deals with ancient demonic forces.  Quite simply, Gaslite is whatever you want it to be.  It is an intentionally rules lite system designed to be limited only by the imagination of the GM and his players.



This game is presented in pocketmod format similar to Stuart Robertson's Weird West, and is available for you for free to download, print, and share.  If there is significant interest in this, I'll include further supplements in pocketmod format including more spells, a monster list, and an urban setting for the game.  Those items may require a small contribution to download, but the basic system itself is, and will remain, free.  I hope you enjoy.



Download the printable PDF pocketmod version of Gaslite RPG here.
Download the digital friendly version here. 

Folding instructions for the pocketmod version can be found here.

5 comments:

  1. That's nifty. Downloading it and printing it now... buggered up my folding, but ah well, nevermind. Like the simplicity of the rules, but maybe you should put weapons in groups and give them generic damage dice, or set a base die that is modified by combat ability... nice though; liking this whole rules-light take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and sorry you messed up the folding. In hindsight, numbering the pages probably could have helped but in an effort to save space I didn't number them.

    As to the weapons groups idea, that is certainly something I could explore further in a supplement, if there is enough interest in this game. I have tons of ideas for supplemental material as it stands. If people end up playing it, I will likely explore it further. I'll probably make one or two anyway for download just so there's a bit more for the game. The idea here was to try and keep the game as light on rules as possible to encourage the old school play mentality.

    Thanks for the comment and I hope you do enjoy the game. I enjoyed making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting! Downloading now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just the basic rules really in a bare bones format. I really hope to flesh out the weirdness in future material. Hope you enjoy, Trey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. Opalite Dice

    ReplyDelete