Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crypts of Aezoul Vhezian Level 1

As I mentioned earlier today, I am preparing to run my friends through an old school mega-dungeon crawl in March at our semi-annual camping trip. The dungeon is an ancient crypt buried beneath a ruined tower (originally I was going to go with a city, but have since changed my mind). The crypts hold the tombs of Aezoul Vhezian, a legendary warrior from long ago, as well as his family members and banner men. The crypts themselves will run a few levels with various monsters, traps, tricks, etc. and will eventually lead into underdark caverns far below the surface. The first level of the dungeon will be the smallest. Last night I drew a very quick sketch of that level and scanned it in to share. Now, I've got to key it and prepare some random encounters. I'm really looking forward to diving into this.


Considering this is the first dungeon I've drawn in about a decade, I didn't think it turned out too bad.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a quite good, classic mini-dungeon by itself. You have got all sorts of interesting rooms, good connections between them, the obligatory rubble, statues, niches, secret doors and such in a small, compact space. That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melan. Yeah I didn't want to railroad them into one path. I wanted to make various connections to rooms, etc. When I finish the key I will clean up the scan and create a nice pdf with all the info and monster tables. I don't expect them to get completely through the first level during the session, but there are various stairs leading to the next two levels so I need to at least prepare those as well before the trip. Trying not to make the place a death trap, but also make it a challenge will be a tight balancing act. I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a splendid website! I"m extremely content with the remarks!. dnd miniatures

    ReplyDelete